Saturday, July 31, 2004

FireWerkZZZ

Yeah, as I was told, there's preview today... So that means that there's fireworks... Saw it from my bedroom window just now....I was saying to myself, 'who could it be, who could it be' when I saw the fireworks just now cuz of a little girl's fantasy...


Hey, wouldn't it be great if you were with your loved one while watching it? When I was younger & watching the fireworks in Florida, I always wanted to watch they fireworks with my boyfriend... But hey, why do I have to head down to Esplanade to catch it if I can watch it at the comfort of my bedroom & to top it off, I'm unattached......


While my family was having our family vacation in Florida, it was the 25th anniversary of WALT DISNEY WORLD so there was EXTRA fireworks. It was cool & very pretty..... All I have to say that it was AWESOME... And the kids & all, all having someone to hold on when the fireworks happened.... And imagine, if your with your gf or bf, kissing under the fireworks... It's gonna be a blast if it was a first date kinda thing & the 'FIREWORKS' inside you happen... And all that romantic kissing... Oh.... Its so romantic...


AAAAArrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!! If only Singapore was bigger & the government could built a MEGA theme park where families & friends can have fun... You know, the family can have the family bonding thingy & the friends can have fun... To everyone who can afford to go overseas, visit the states... Go & visit any of the Disney's theme parks. May it be in Los Angeles or Florida... All I have to say that its gonna be an eye opener when your there.... Good experience....


My mom told me that when I have my own kids & family, she told me to bring my kids there... She said that she would want her gran-children to experience what their mom had... Yeah, I mean, travelling is great experience.... You'll have culture shocks but it all adds up to great experience... It makes one very independent... And the saying 'if you don't ask, you'll get nowhere' is very true.... And especially if you've started travelling at the age of 6...


Back then, when my granny was still alive, it was me, her, my aunt & my cousin who's engaged now... Just the 4 of us... We went to Rome, Paris, Germany, New York, Florida..... My first European country was Italy & France. We went to to Venice & Rome then took the train down to Paris... In Paris, we took the Eifel Tower.. And not to forget the merry-go-round in the Park near the Eifel Tower.. And just imagine, at the age of 6, you see a very different packing of COCA COLA... It was Fat & tall... I mean, as kids, even the packaging fasinates us........


Germany was the country where I first met SNOW... Yeah it was cool. We went to Zukspitz... The tallest mountain in Germany... At the tip, my cousin & I played snowball fights... It was fun but then cuz we had no gloves on, we retired from playing in the snow... Our hands were numb from holding the snow with our bare hands......


The next time that I played snowball fights was in Konya, Turkey.... I was there in Dec 2002... That place is beyond words... Great shopping & great view... While we were in Konya, my aunt, cousin & Danial stayed in my cousin's friends place... Oh god, that was one experience staying at a KAMPONG place. I mean, it was minus 1 outside & none of us bathed... Imagine, when you gargle after brushing your teeth, its like your gargling ice water... And hey, its a cottage which uses the old method of central heating... You know, fire, wood... That kinda of thing... And none of us could ever forget the blizzard that we were in when we wanted to go to Antalya.... Imagine were ASIANS stuck in the middle of the snow, waiting for our bus in a heavy storm.... My cousin held on tight to me... And there was my aunt... Acting cool & all but she was freezing.. Maybe I could scan the pic & load it onto the blog... Its one experience....


Then in Bursa, I went Skiing.... Danial & me... Oh it was hell fun... Imagine me with the skiing gears. And you know what, it cost us 9 bucks to rent the gears for the whole day... And skiing is tiring... You know, when we were back in the hotel, Danial & I was beat... And hungry.. We wanted to grab something but neither one of us wanted to go down... So in the end, my aunt & my cousin went to grab dinner which was as usual, kebabs.... And it was YUMMY.... There was my aunt, seeing Danial & me eating hungrily... Khekhekhe.... She said that skiing made us tired & hungry...... But its an experience.....


After my granny passed away when I was in sec 3, that same year, the whole family went to LA, except for my mom, dad & grandad... For that trip, can you believe that my cousin & I got separated in Disneyland during the closing down rush... My aunt, sis, cousin & Danial got separated. And luckily, our hotel was across the road from the parking lot of Disneyland. My cousin & I waited at the tram station at the park but they weren't there, so we went to board the tram & decided to meet them at the tram station at the parking lot but they weren't there. So after 4 trams passed by. we decided to walk to the hotel which was across the parking lot... And there my uncle was, waiting for the both of us... Yeah, he was worried... We quickly went up to the room & there the others were, eating curry chicken that my eldest aunt cooked...And we were definately welcome by a good scolding cuz I know that the both of them were worried.... Very worried.... But she can't blame us cuz it was a very bad crowd & all of them were walking so slowy... But the experience was great... I know it sounds weird but the experience was great....


All this travelling is all thanks to my mom cuz she has been working in SQ for the past 15 years & as a fringe benefit, every year, my dad, sis, me & her are entittled to ONE free ticket anually. And to top it off, my first aunt also works in SQ & so is the younger one. So the 3 of them works in SQ but in different department... My eldest aunt works in TICKETING while my mom & her younger sis works in FINANCE... Except that my mom's in Sales & my aunt's in Revenue... But they do work in the same building though.....

Hey, I think I've writting almost all about my travelling experiences... There's more cuz this entry doesn't include South Africa, Morroco & Spain.... These three places were great cuz its special in its own way..... Maybe I'll write in the upcomming entries...


And hey, looks like someone misses me...... And about that photography thingy, I'll discuss about it with you Big_Fella.... Provided IF I can get to you cuz your phone's messed up.......


M|sS_D

No comments: