Friday, June 29, 2007

Bumped out...

Its like almost midnight and I can't sleep. Here I am, part lying on my lappy in my tanks, part snuggling under the comforters, typing away because I can't sleep. If anyone sees this, they wouldn't believe that its me.

Heading down to Timbre for Fad's gig. The monty crew will be there. Too bad I can't take pictures. My cam's not functioning & I've gotta fork out $200 to fix it. ARRRRGGGHH!!!

Anyway, yesterday, I was out with Herbie. He was just plain bored & I was back from the Olympus office, regarding my camera that's NON-FUNCTIONING.

Anyway, back to where I was, Yes, Mr Giant. When I walked by him, there's like a gap between us, in terms of height. And I had to speak slightly louder because I'm way down here while he's way up there. So I ended up having to speak louder. People might look at this little malay girl walking together with this GOLIATH next to me but I couldn't care less. Just enjoyed my company with this fantastic fella.

But what really got my blood boiling was when we were at Coffee Bean Paragon. He was accompanying me while I was waiting for my mom. Told him that it was not necessary for him to stay with me while I waited for my mom but him being a gentleman, wouldn't leave me. Anyway, back at Coffee Bean Paragon, when I was getting a seat while he got himself a drink, he told me that there was a group of female waitress was laughing at both of us when we got in. Maybe they were telling a joke & we coincidentally walked in the cafe. I don't know. So I'll just leave it at that. But when he told me that something fishy was going on over the counter, as if they were talking about us. Maybe they thought that we were couple. Herbie told me that when they took his order, the girls were being overzealously polite. Get the hint? Well, Herbie being Herbie, he's calm as ever... But even so, its not as though that they've never seen a couple with different races? Hello?! Singapore is a multi-racial country with the highest rate of mixed marriages. DUH?! *eyes rolling*

So does that mean that over those periods where I've studied with Lawrence at the library, people might think that we were a couple? Is this why Herbie kept telling me to quit hidding behind Lawrence while studying in the library?

Maybe I've been alone way too long. Not seeing anyone or having attempts in opening my radar. That is why I'm plain oblivious to the environment around me. And I can't get the slightest hint about any guy who tries to get my attention. Like I've said, just a plain GUN when it comes to these kinda of things.

No comments: