Thursday, September 29, 2005

Anyone ever told you that maybe you could be a Nanny / Babysitter? Well that's what's on my mind... Yes, I do love kids.... Had three younger 'siblings' after me...

This thing only struck me today... When I was still the groggy self... Yes, I'm suffering from some kind of stress... Making me sleep LESS.... And all that anxiety... Goodness!! I've never studied that much ever in my life.....

That's what struck me to be a Nanny/Babysitter..... I've always had a great time taking care of Akim & Aqilah.... These two cuties that had entered in my life.... They are so very adorable... Akim's now 1 yr 7 mths... Aqilah is now 4 yrs old.... Both of them are equally cute.... They are so very cute....

Imagine if life would just be that simple... Yes, having children is a lifetime commitment.... I have no quams about that. But they are so adorable... They make you forget about lots of stuff... They are adorable, loving, manja & all lah.... And when you play with them, it'll make you forget that the games that u play with them are childish but its fun... Its like they are the apple of your heart/ eye... Is that how it goes?

I love the smell of babies... You know, the Johnson's baby powder smell.. And all that other stuff.. But honestly, I've never learnt how to bath a baby (6mths & above)... I think if its that bad, I'll end up bathing with the child too... I mean, that's the easiest.... And then, when it comes to baby shopping, oh goodness.... I had babies after me... And the age gap between me & my sis is 7 yrs apart.... So there's some things I can do cuz of experience due to that age period between 8-12yrs old. At that stage of your life, you'll learn some skills that would be useful for the rest of your life... Make milk, change diapers, play with them, make sure that they are bathed & are cleaned at the certain period..... And going out, gheez.... With the stroller & stuff.... Whenever I'm out with Akim & her mom, I would usually be with Akim.... And I'll talk to him, in proper language... Cuz they listen & grasps things well & it would be an added advantage if you speak to them in the right language.... As in straight proper English.... That affects the upbringing of the child.....

Learnt this from the way my mom brought me up... Becuz I'm the eldest/first child, well, you can say that she was a full time housewife the moment I was born till I was 5... And it was that period of time that my mom taught me how to read & write. She bought for me books & I've been reading ever since... And amazingly, during that stage of my life, she actually picked up sewing as her hobby... So I would usually KEPO her when she does things.... That was how I picked up sewing... And loads of other of my DIY stuff...

All I can say is that, the first few years of a child is crucial... And its BAD being a sick child... I'm saying this from experience.... But in a way, I've learnt alot from being a big sis who is 7 yrs apart from my sis....... Its a blessing in disguise.... Even though my sis is really a pain in the butt at times... But yeah.... It's good...

No comments: