Sunday, February 19, 2006

Drawing...

Amazingly after 8 yr since I've held a pencil to draw, goodnes... I can still do some shading.. I was quite suprised at myself actually.... So as not to be too ambitious, I started with basic shapes such as the cubic, cylinders & spheres.... Then I went on with my shading... Who knows, maybe, I'll pick up drawing back...

I dropped arts in sec 2 & when I was in sec 3, took Food & Nutrition... From a person who was a MAJOR CLUTZ in the kitchen, I've finally learnt the science of cooking & learnt how cook...

Other then getting free lunches every thurs ( practical lessons), we had fun cooking.... And how there was 3 heroes in our class.... Karu, DJ, Zhihong...... Yes , they were the only guys in the F&N class.... I remembered how our swissrolls turned to swiss BISCUITS... How my SUPER HARD pineapple puff turned out.. Ni kes rejam dinding, dinding retak seribu... And Sis Elya had to be the 'lab rat' cuz she was the only one between the 5 of us who took Arts... It was cute... Seeing how Sis Elya's tooth almost coming off when she took the bite...

Speaking of Arts, it made me remember how Pai-Kiah our class was... In sec 3, there was a class fight & in sec 4, there was also a fight.. Which happened in the artroom.... Our class made a hell of a HOOHAA!! 2nd express class behaving like that... It was bad... And it was only like end of 2004 that I found out the real deal regarding the artroom class fight... Yes, to think of it again, we pretty certain disputes abt stuff.... Ironically now, after like 5 yrs since we've graduated, we still are in close contact with each other.... Amazing huh??


Then, when I stepped into OI/MI, did loads of stuff that I didn't knew I had capabilities before.. For one, I didn't want to join the Jazz band even after all the band teacher coax me into joining... Even the instructor wanted me to join... But I declined it all... So in yr 1, I was so ACTIVE in stage plays.. And we made some FANTASTIC debut that we were wanted again & again... And the best one was the We Will Remember concert.. My class put up a MAJOR class production. I was the crew & the performer.. It was the evolution of how sch back then was till today.. I was the teacher in the 60's era... Oh goodness how strict my character was... For being late to school, the student, played by Matthew, got a SMACK on his hands.. With a ROTAN... Oh goodness.. But I think the best was Fariz's band doing a gig right smack in the middle of our audi... How the crew mastermind the whole show... Arrangements of the tablet chairs into the shape of a V and made an area for a MOSH-PIT. Goodness how INCREDIBLE it was... With only the stage lights left on, imagine how SMOKIN' the area was... And how could I ever forget, the guys actually did body-surfing... Yes! Right in the middle of the audi.... It was gd... It was memorable... It was AWESOME!!!

Then in yr 2 (Start of Millennia Institute) I joined MCS.. I became the only flautist in the society... That was when I became so very active in the society cuz we were competing in the Gema Puisi competition... And how I've expanded my knowledge in the west area of Singapore. Imagine I have to go to Clementi for training... And I actually know how to go to Bukit Timah by bus..... Amazing huh??? I've always been a MRT person...

For Gema training, that was where I was trained to play the traditional malay percussions using the zapin, arab & asli style.. And how we had to add some bunga into it... I can NEVER dance to the traditional beats... But I know that my bestest sis, Nor, is a FANTASTIC dancer..... So I became the musician.... But for Gema, it was a pa-ka-liao thing... In terms of playing what instruments.... One day I have to play the gendang & the flute and somedays, just the flute... And oh yah... Getting the notes was tough too.. Had to use Eli's voice to get the right notes... So there we were, one breaktime, in the canteen piano, trying to get the notes... And after that, we were on our way to win the Gema Championship.....
There was once, we had training on a Sat at our side, so we brought back the instruments home cuz the instruments were from Toh Tuck.. While we were in the train, ppl thought that we were from the Dikir Barat team.... With our gendang & rebana.... Such comments from a bunch of TAMS... Sab was abt to say, NO WE ARE NOT DIKIR GIRLS but I told her to hold her horses... Chill babe.... Those days, we went reach home ard 11.30pm or so.. That was how BAD the trainning was.... But honestly, I think it was all worth it cuz we were the champions for 2004... And I heard that the following yr, there was one team which actually COPIED, not wholesomely though, our idea... Some used a flute... Some used the lines... COPY-CATS!!!!!!!!!!! But to be optimistic, our team set the standard...


In yr 3, nothing much happened.. Except to be in the DIKIR BARAT team... And I had to play the flute again... In March, I got my new friend, BRACES. The best part, the very next day, I went to Bintan with my school for the RETREAT... Oh! That was an experience never to forget... Kecoh was one.. Memorable was one... How the feud went on was one.... How strong our esprit de corp was.. How our 2 graduating classes were CLOSE... As in, VERY close... I think I'll miss them... ALOT!!!

Other then with the MCS, I was doing photography on & off with Nellie.. Had to cover for Sports Day & I Day... Hope it'll be considered well in my testimonials.. Service for school......

I'm considering to be with the medical team for tmr's Aerospace... I mean, if it was based at the Aerospace premises, I'll take it IMMEDIATELY but now, its now.. Its just on call.. Hmm... Thinking..............

No comments: