Saturday, November 03, 2007

Off MODE

Here I am, in two ponytails, typing away on my bed, telling u guys how how I survived my first taxation revision session. Not bad because of the revision that was done in advance. Thanks to ppl like Esther & Lashmi, it didnt' turn out that bad after all..

Taxation is more of section numbers again and again. I thought law was bad enough when words such illegality, negliegent misrepresentation, duty of care, breach of contract etc. If u think that its alien enough, then how about ratio decidendi, deminimis rule, promissory esstoppel, stare decisis etc... And how about names of corporate cases such as Caparo, Donnaghue & Stevensons, Photo Production, Hedley & Heller, Hadley & Baxendale ( professional duty of care).. Alien! Alien! Alien! What?! Nonsense! Is! She! Talking! ABOUT?????!!!!

Then when its taxation, its always about tax computation for company or individual. But for individuals, there's resident of Singapore, Non- Resident, Non Ordinary Resident. There's the different tax rates that available for different people earning different amount thus being taxed at a different rate..

While doing the computation, there's terms like s10(1)(a)-(g), whereby we have to remember what each section means. And u know why I always say that I become ZOMBA after my tax classes, is because of

a) one min, the term is a term, the next, there's also an AKA in terms
of section numbers... Eg: Unilateral Tax credit Relief is aka s50A.

b) my lecturer who's without a doubt very experienced but its so tough for him to tell us the answer straight to the point. We have to probe, poke, become sherlock holmes, open evidence case, investigate etc.. Well, you get the picture...

c) And the last one is that he's the fella who's responsible for the corkyness, the zomba-ness and the nonsensical stuff that's coming out of me at the current moment. The other day, he was saying that he's stressed out because of us. And I told my friends, he doesn't know the kind of stress that HE'S giving us. My lecturer, he's cute and definately funny. Known for things such as 'that green thing', questions that's modified to the extent by which we can't solve or figure them out on our own. Like he's making us take another step ahead while doing it. Lashmi says that those questions are mutated while I call them MUTILATED. Apparently we're agreed that those words are STRONG enough for it...

Before anyone know, its coming the end of the year. You know why I am so aware of it? Cuz my exams are coming soon, meaning that the year is coming to an end. It feels like its just yesterday that I started school & taking my ACCA and now, I'm already taking the 2nd level most toughest paper, taxation...

Now I'm grooving cuz Nellie, Justin & Timbaland's Give it to me is blasting thru the radio... Gheezz, this song is totally booty-shaking!Alright, I think I'll stop yacking cuz I've gotta get back to work. My notes on relief from double taxation is staring at me.. Plus tmr I've gotta get up early. Going jalan raya with ma' crew. Taking LOADS of shots this time round. Starting it early and the expected duration for the whole thing is 12 hours, yes, we're gonna start at 11am and ending it at about 11pm. Eloo???!!! We all gotta work & go to sch the following day.. Which explains the msg on my msn.. Switching off, wef Mon..

Till I update the pix from tmr, CHAO!

No comments: